Disclosures Required On Private Companies Website Under Companies Act, 2013
The Companies Act 2013 mandates disclosing certain information on the company’s website. Information such as;
- Section 12 read with Rule 26 of the Companies (Incorporation) Rules, 2014: Every company which has a website for conducting online business or otherwise, shall disclose/ publish its name, address of its registered office, the Corporate Identity Number, Telephone number, Fax number if any, email and the name of the person who may be contacted in case of any queries or grievances on the landing home page of the said website
- Section 12 (3)(c): The company’s website address must be disclosed on the printed in all its business letters, billheads, letter papers and in all its notices and other official publications.
- Section 178 (3) and proviso of 178 (4): Nomination and Remuneration policy shall be placed on the website of the company, if any if a company is having NRC, Company’s policy on directors’ appointment and remuneration including criteria for determining qualifications, positive attributes, independence of a director and other matters provided under sub-section (3) of section 178;]
- Section 101 read with Rule 18 (3)(ix) of the Companies (Management and Administration) Rules, 2014 : The Notice of the General Meeting must be placed on the website.
- Rule 23 of the Companies (Management and Administration) Rules, 2014 Special Notice: Where it is not practicable to sent notice to each individuals than the notice shall be published in newspaper and such notice shall also be posted on the website, if any, of the Company.
- Section 168 read with Rule 15 of the Companies (Appointment and Qualification of Directors) Rules, 2014 : The Company shall within thirty days from the date of receipt of notice of resignation from a director post the information on its website.
- Section 135 (4)(a): CSR policy: after taking into account the recommendations made by the CSR Committee, approve the CSR Policy for the company and disclose contents of such Policy in its report and also place it on the company’s website,.
- Section 92 (3): Every company shall place a copy of the annual return on the website of the company, if any, and the web-link of such annual return shall be disclosed in the Board’s report.
- Section 177 (10): Details of Vigil Mechanism.